Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June's KCMQG Meeting

This Thursday night is our June meeting for KCMQG!

We will be bringing the blocks to turn in that we made for Quilts of Valor...  I already have 3 blocks (mine, Carla's and Jaime's)...  And I've seen pictures of some more online...  

Thanks for being willing to help make a charity quilt!  I have a quilter already lined up for sometime this summer.  

On Veteran's Day in November, my group of Quilts of Valor quilting friends intend to award a total of 38 Quilts of Valor to WW II Veterans, former prisoners of war and a holocaust survivor at a local retirement community.  We've been pretty busy trying to get tops ready so that they can get quilted in time.  We don't quite have 38 yet, but I have faith that we'll be able to make our goal.  

Thanks so much for helping with this worthy cause!

If you have any suggestions or ideas on how to make our bee run more smoothly or on how to make it more fun, please speak up!

No comments: