Friday, July 9, 2010

Itching to Sew

Last night, we had our KCMQG meeting and I am SO excited to see the blocks that I've gotten back!  You guys are SO amazing.  I feel like it's Christmas!  After guild, a few of us Southlanders went to a bar and had a drink or two.  By the time I got home (11:38), I was yawning a lot.  My 3 year old waited up for me (surprise, surprise) and so I decided running up to my sewing room would probably be a bad call...  Went to sleep around midnight.

Today I ran to Bon Bon and dropped off two quilts for the upcoming KCMQG show and because I slept in until 8:30 and goofed off a bunch before I got around to cooking breakfast/feeding kids (ok... I should be honest here... I gave them chopped up chicken strips for breakfast, which I bought from Target yesterday... and grapes... and cheese... and toast... and I suppose I should also confess that I myself ate 4 freshly made chocolate chip cookies for my own breakfast- I keep dough in the fridge for just such an occasion)... but I digress...

So I goofed off most of the morning and then the kiddos and I dashed to Westport (a good 25 minute drive) and my 2 year old fell asleep in the car (because he TRIED to wait up for Mommy last night)...  Stuck my head in the door of Bon Bon, left the quilts and dashed back home in time for a quick lunch (lunchmeat, toast, bananas, oranges, more cheese... etc.) and then I tucked everyone in put them in their bedrooms so that they I could nap...

And for about 1 1/2 hours I listened on the baby monitors to various toys making noises, giggles, monologues from all of our favorite cartoons, jumping on the bed, crashes, etc... and I catnapped.

I should've quilted instead.  Those divine blocks are calling my name...

*sigh*

Tonight the hubs (bless his soul) took us out to BRAVO, which is one of our favorite haunts and then we went to the bookstore to play choo choos....

This was just to butter me up so that he could skip the kids' baths and bedtime to go out drinking with Parthena's Hubs, Andy.  Hmm...

And then once I got the boys in bed (10:07 pm) and asleep (10:27 pm), I realized that I had an episode of Friday Night Lights on Tivo...

And now it's almost midnight and I've not even sewn a STITCH today!  WTH!?!

Must. Do. Better. Tomorrow!

Alas, I have a 3 year old's birthday party in the morning at 10 am (that's early!  We often sleep til 9:30!  That's one of the benefits of staying up late!)... so we shall see if I can carve out some THERAPY time for myself later in the day.

Enough rambling for one night.

Thanks again for my DIVINE blocks!!!!!!!  So frickin excited.  Will post pictures soon...
N

No comments: