Wednesday, February 1, 2012

All Caught Up!!!

I finished Andrea's Bee blocks last night...and what fun to see the same Blocks in today's MQG Feature Quilt.  Did you all check it out?


I intentionally kept the directional print in the center "+" on the horizontal, yet I really like the visual effect of expanding the "+" from the striations in the crossweave pieces.


The tutorial that Andrea posted explained how to cut the corner squares on point when using a stripe or directional fabric. I like that effect too.  I really thought that these blocks would be more difficult, but I was pleasantly mistaken.

After falling back in November, I am happy to be all caught up with my bee blocks.  Now...if I can just find my big pad of sketch paper, I can get the February blocks prepped for you all before the next KCMQG meeting.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm going to be gone for the Feb meeting. :( boo, hiss...

But my grandfather turns 92, so we're going to celebrate.

Mary Anne, I'll swing by your place & pick up your kit when I get back. Can't wait to see which idea you've chosen.