Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Quake Quilt for Nikki

In June, I'll be kicking off Round 2 of the KC Scrappy Bee. Want a sneak peek of what I have in mind?

I don't know about you, but I've got scraps coming out of my ears. I'm determined to chop them all into strips & use them to make scrappy quilts. I'm trying very hard to shop less & stop hoarding my fabric so much. This quilt is an attempt towards using what I've got.

My friend Ali in the lovely linen bee made a tutorial for this quake quilt. I fell in love with the process & end product, so I've decided to enlist my KC Scrappy Bee friends to help in making a quake quilt of my own.

To test it out, I've made a baby quilt for my cousin in Mississippi who is expecting baby boy #2 in a couple months.

I'm a little undecided on the layout of this baby quilt, though. Which looks best to you all?

Option 1:




Or option 2:





Let me know soon... I'd like to get it quilted & finished this week. I'm planning on bringing it to the next kc modern quilt guild meeting. Gotta hurry!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Hey Nikki!

I vote for Option 1. Can't wait to make a quake block for you!!!

ScrappyStuff said...

Option 1 w/ No border .... Option 2 with a border ... I like them both.

Carla said...

Option one gets my vote!

Andrea said...

I like both, so if everyone else likes No. 1, I'm down with it! Should be fun!

Caitlin said...

#1 for sure