Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sortofacircle!

My block for Jaime was really fun to make.  I liked it so much that I have plans for making more! It's not a perfect circle but, hopefully the eye will be deceived into thinking that it is!  I used techniques from the book Cutting Curves from Straight Pieces by Debbie Bowles. I added three fabrics to Jaime's denim, gaberdine and voile......charcoal and ash Kona and the polka dot. (I think it might be by Kaffe Fassett.)
The curves were really easy. The book suggested stopping and raising the pressure foot every few stitches but I found that raising the foot was not necessary if I  concentrated on sewing what was just in front of my foot.  And.......no pins were used in the making of this block!! To see another block I made using this pattern, visit my blog lollyquiltz
Happy quilting,
Carla



1 comment:

ScrappyStuff said...

Your brave! ... i've some fun ideas! just need TIME!
thanks for posting!