Talk about last minute, I finished these blocks for Toni last night. I had fun making them, though! They were pretty low stress and a lot of fun to make!
I used this tutorial to make these. I eyeballed them though, because I thought it would make them a little more "scrappy" looking. I like the second block better. I think it has more personality: it's fatter, has a striped body, and a brighter wing color. :)
I found this black fabric in my stash and thought it looked pretty organic and vine-ey. I had just enough to finish two blocks. I used my color wheel to pick out a complimentary color to use as the body for the butterflies.
I left the blocks kind of a weird size because Toni didn't specify a final size. I trimmed them to the biggest rectangle I could and figured Toni could slice them as necessary to fit them into the quilt.
Hope you like them! I had fun making them for you. :)